Our mission is to improve the quality of life in the Township of Washington by working together with all citizens to preserve life, maintain human rights, protect property, and promote public safety. The employees of the Township of Washington Police Department are committed to core values.
- We value our members and have confidence in their individual initiative and ability to solve problems;
- We value our partnerships with the community as a means of identifying and addressing public safety and other quality of life issues;
- We value excellence and are committed to continuous process improvement;
- We value education among our department members and the community we serve;
- We value the safety, development and future of our children;
- We value integrity fairness and open communications;
- We value teamwork and collaboration as a means to achieve organizational success;
- We value courteous and respectful interaction with all people.
The Township of Washington provides equal employment opportunity for everyone regardless of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions. In addition, laws regarding veterans’ status are observed. This is reflected in all Township of Washington practices and policies regarding hiring, training, promotions, transfers, rates of pay, layoff, and other forms of compensation. All matters relating to employment are based upon ability to perform the job, as well as dependability and reliability once hired.